HERIOT’S RUGBY CLUB LIMITED
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
PRIVACY NOTICE – SUPPORTERS
Introduction and Contact
- Heriot’s Rugby Club Limited (‘the Club’) is a data controller and processor and, as such, is committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your
- For the purpose of the GDPR, the contact person is the Director-Finance and Non- Rugby (email@example.com).
- We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check it regularly for any
Why we are providing this notice to you
The Club holds certain information (personal data) about you which is required to operate the Club as a legal entity and as an organisation belonging to its members. We are required by law to give you certain information about your personal data, how we use it and what safeguards are in place to ensure it is protected. This notice gives you that information.
Personal data held by us will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those
- Relevant and limited only to the purposes we have
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Retained for only as long as is necessary for the purposes
Why we need the information – Legitimate Interest
You have asked us to provide you with information about the Club and its activities and events. We need to collect personal information in order to do this and we shall therefore use it:
- To provide you with information on Club activities and
- To send you communications by e-mail or post in relation to the above
What data we need and where we obtain it
The types of data about you which we hold and process includes:
- Contact details- name, address, telephone number, e-mail
The personal data held is all obtained directly from you, either online through the Club’s website or by means of completed forms.
Those that we may share this data with
From time to time, we may share your personal data with those who carry out services that help us carry out our duties and rights in relation to the Club. These include:
- Legal advisers
- Independent accountants
We do not carry out any automated processing for marketing purposes using your personal data and we will not share your personal data with anyone else for marketing purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored electronically on the Club’s e-mail system. This is based in the United Kingdom and accessed by our staff for the purpose outlined above. Access is password protected.
How long we keep your data
We shall only keep your personal data for as long as we need in order to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and for so long afterwards as we consider may be required to deal with any questions or complaints that we may receive about our administration of the Club, unless the law requires us to keep it for a longer period.
You have a right of access and a right to obtain a copy of the personal data that the Club holds about you. You also have a right to ask for correction of personal data if there are any errors or if the data is out of date.
In some circumstances, you may also have a right to ask the Club to restrict the processing of your personal data, to object to processing or to transfer or erase your personal data.
If you require to exercise any of these rights, please e-mail the Director- Finance. You also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to this privacy notice or the Club’s processing activities with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
We may update this Notice from time to time. We shall inform you of the changes and the date on which the changes take effect.