Heriot’s Rugby Club, established in 1890 and based in north Edinburgh, is one of Scotland’s foremost rugby clubs with an impressive track record of producing many Scottish internationalists and British & Irish Lions. The club has never been out of the top tier of Scottish rugby in all its formats and a culture of excellence, linked to a regard for attractive and winning rugby, has brought great success to the club throughout the years, including the recent past.
The club has now been awarded one of the Scottish Rugby Super Six franchises and we aim to be an integral part of the success of this significant step forward in Scottish club rugby.
To that end, the club is now seeking to appoint a Head Coach to be the main driver of the club’s ambition. Although the Super Six does not commence until August 2019, it is envisaged that the successful applicant would commence, on at least a part time basis, at some point during season 2018-19, liaising with the coaching team in place for that season, with the aim to be fully up and running for the start of Super Six.
The qualifications and attributes of the successful applicant can be outlined as follows:
- Relevant coaching experience with a successful track record at a high level within rugby.
- UKCC Level 4 Coaching qualification or currently working towards this with the aim of completion by the next available course.
- A comprehensive understanding of the running of a part-time professional rugby club and its associated amateur clubs, teams and school as well as being responsible for a large number of the operational aspects of the club.
- The ability to build, lead and manage a team of coaches and support staff- forming strong relationships based on mutual respect and trust, reinforced with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An in depth knowledge and experience of rugby at the higher levels with a view to player recruitment and development.
The position is a full time role and the successful applicant will be expected to deliver a number of outcomes both on and off the pitch. Full terms and conditions for the position are available upon enquiry.
Applications for this new and exciting opportunity should be sent to: Neil Meikle, Director of Rugby, Heriot’s Rugby Club – firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to speak to Neil in confidence on any aspect of this position, please email or call 07860 861652.