1st XV Team Manager
Heriot’s Rugby is currently recruiting for a 1st XV Team Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity and one that is an extremely important role ensuring the successful management of the whole squad.
The Team Manager is responsible for the administration and management of the squad members at training and during competition.
- To ensure the club’s Players Charter or Code of Conduct is adhered to by all members of the squad at all times.
- Ensure required equipment/kit is in place for all matches and training sessions.
- Ensure the team sheets and any other rules / regulations of the competitions are observed and carried out.
- Ensure all welfare and safety requirements for the squad are met.
- Liaise with all squad members, coaches and officials to ensure players are appropriately dressed and made aware of all information regarding training, matches and club functions.
- Distribute all required information and updates to players and coaches
The Team Manager is responsible to the Head Coach and Director of Rugby.
- Knowledge and skills required:
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively liaise with players, coaches and administrators
- Strong organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of the rules / regulations of the Scottish Club game
This is a voluntary role and the estimated time commitment required as the Team Manager is 8 hours per week during the season and 6 hours per week in pre-season.