We currently have vacancies for two Heriot’s Rugby Super6 Team Managers and a Sponsorship & Sales Manager, as well as other volunteering and playing opportunities. See below.
Heriot’s Rugby Super6 Team Manager
The Heriot’s Rugby Super6 squad is looking for driven, organised, ambitious individuals to join our Super6 management group as a Team Manager.
The Heriot’s Rugby Super6 Team Manager is responsible for ensuring all Heriot’s Rugby Super6 team operations and off field logistics are professionally prepared and delivered.
• Coordination of off pitch player needs and working with the Super6 coaching team to devise and deliver rugby itineraries for training and match days
• Involved in team selection and a leader in terms of the values and behaviours expected of the playing group
• Coordination of player appearances, sponsor interactions, social media coordination and junior section liaison
On match days the team managers role is vital to the teams’ success and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with changing room set-up
- Coordination of match day equipment
- Pitch side coordination of substitutions/injury management
We are looking for an individual who is dedicated, organised and ambitious who fits in well with the Super6 coaching team and wider Heriot’s Rugby Club.
If you are interested in discussing the role further please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship & Sales Manager – This is a full-time paid position with competitive salary
We require a Sponsorship and Sales Manager to devise a sponsorship strategy to maximise sponsorship revenues. The role involves ensuring that value is added to sponsor relationships with the Club and to widen the target market for the Club’s events, generating maximum sales.
- Devise and set out a sponsorship strategy to achieve best results in a highly competitive market
- Cultivate and convert a network of potential sponsors through regular liaison and relationship building
- Ascertain the best possible fulfilment of sponsors expectations of the Club and ensure this takes place
- Research and collate new potential purchasers for the Clubs events, both internal and external
- Promote lunches and other events
- Enhance 200 club membership and promote the same
- Administer match day entertainment to attract crowd numbers
Who we are Looking for:
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Degree or relevant experience in a comparable role
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise multiple duties/tasks at any given time
- An enthusiastic, upbeat attitude
- Experience of a sales role, which involved working to targets
- Prior experience of dealing with business customers
- An ability to form effective working relationships at all levels and is totally customer focused
- Strong numeracy and analytical capabilities plus good general IT skills and awareness.
- Strong work ethic
- Experience in fund raising is preferred with a track record of supporting and delivering successful events
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative as well as individually
If this role is of interest to you, please submit a CV and Covering Letter explaining why you would be a good fit at the club. Please send to the Club President, Colin McCallum, email@example.com
Successful rugby clubs are more than just victorious teams on the pitch, players and head coaches are vitally important but so are the many dedicated volunteers who work hard behind the scenes to help the club operate. We are currently looking for volunteers to get involved, and depending on your skills / experience and time available, we’ll probably have a volunteering opportunity which is right for you.
Below are some of the reasons people choose to volunteer at Heriot’s Rugby:-
- give something back to an organisation that they have benefited from
- feel valued and part of a team
- use their professional skills and knowledge to benefit others
- meet new people and make new friends
An example of some of the areas we need your help with are:-
- match-day preparation
- website development
- setting up clubhouse for events / lunches
- membership enhancement
- Business Club Organisation
If you’re interested in one of our current volunteering opportunities please get in touch. We’ll be delighted to chat over how we could work together.
Please email Shona Whyte at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLAY FOR HERIOT’S
Do you have rugby ambitions? We are actively looking for players who are keen to take their game to the next level. Heriot’s Rugby Club offers a unique and exciting opportunity to play rugby in a friendly, focused and enjoyable environment that caters for all levels. Our aim is to combine high quality rugby with a strong social base, an approach that has seen many of our players launch pad into professional rugby. The Club currently boasts three senior teams coached by dynamic, dedicated and experienced coaches who make player welfare their number one priority.
We welcome players of all experience.
If you are interested in playing for either our Heriot’s Men or Women squads, come to our training sessions on a Tuesday and Thursday – from 7pm – or if you have any questions, please contact one of our coaches.
Neil Meikle – Director of Rugby email@example.com
Women’s Coaching Team firstname.lastname@example.org